Conserving our Resources
As California experiences the worst drought in years, Affirmed Housing is proud to share that our communities will be making a combined effort to lower their electricity usage by 40% each. 90% of Affirmed Housing properties use drought tolerant plants, energy star appliances and low flow fixtures. With multiple LEED certified and ‘Build It Green’ rated communities, Affirmed understands the importance of lowering our urban footprint through sustainable and efficient development of housing. Not only are we encouraging our communities to lessen water use, but we are also educating our office employees on simple ways to cut back water use. For example:
- · Shut off the water while brushing your teeth- don’t let the water run while you brush, just turn it on and off when you need to rinse
- · Lessen your shower time- don’t just let the water run, aim for 15 minutes or less shower time
- · Be sure to use a hose head when watering your plants or cleaning your car
- · Fix any leaking faucets- don’t let that task fall by the wayside!
- · Wash your pets outdoors, in an area that needs water
For more ideas on easy ways to conserve, visit: http://wateruseitwisely.com/100-ways-to-conserve